AWE Arlington is open to women operating a business in Arlington as an entrepreneur, either full or part time. This organization is for women entrepreneurs to network, collaborate and support one another through small group gatherings in members' homes or local businesses.
We create an intimate, social setting where busy women business owners can share their stories, have some laughs and inspire one another. No soliciting, but sharing of programs, ideas and opportunities welcome. Connect, inspire, laugh and grow with AWE!
AWE Arlington has grown tremendously — to more than 150 members — since its founding in 2014. To ensure superior networking and collaborative opportunities, we limit membership to five women in each industry.
The following industry categories are FULL:
- Accounting/Back Office Support
- Development Consulting
- Fitness/Health/Wellness Coaching
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Management Consulting
- Professional/Leadership Coaching
AWE membership in 2018 is $150.
- Peer to peer networking for brainstorming, mentoring and collaboration: Membership limited to five women per industry
- Excellent speakers at each meeting addressing a variety of topics of special interest to business owners in Arlington. Speakers to date have included Tara Palacios, Director of BizLaunch for Arlington Economic Development; Liz Nohra of Leadership Arlington; Cassie Bate of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce; Rachelle Hill of Bean, Kinney & Kormen, P.C.; County Treasurer Carla de la Pava; gratitude guru Jennifer Richwine; Gail Arnall of Offender Aid and Restoration; Autumn Edwards of TD Bank and Ted Bilich of Risk Alternatives.
- Much-needed social time to share the unique challenges and joys we all experience as women business owners
- A member-only list of all AWE members
- Opportunities for service: As a group, AWE supports several Arlington nonprofits and invites all members to get involved and give back
- AWE’s website and Facebook Group page: Excellent resources for sharing information about entrepreneurship in general and AWE businesses in particular, as well as upcoming events, good news and success stories
- Accountability/Mastermind Groups: Two concurrent groups of five entrepreneurs and a leader/coach run monthly for six month sessions: Next sessions: January 2018.